The tree was pretty delicate, but with years of practice, this was pretty easy compared to the other stuff I have completed.
So here is how it looks like with the white background.
After spraying some adhesive glue on the cut outs, I stuck them on a piece of A4 sized white mounting board. The next few steps took a lot of my time and I would say those were probably the most time consuming steps I had to go through in the whole process. I cut out 2 other frames out of different coloured mounting boards (one cream and one blue) to layer on top of the base. The measuring was pretty much what took up a lot of time.
But the most tedious part of the whole thing, wasn't even cutting the branches. It was cutting tiny hearts from red coloured paper and sticking them onto the base. The hearts were so tiny and to stick them, I used tiny cut ups of double-sided tape.