Thursday, November 27, 2014

Review: Laniege Water Sleeping Pack EX

This is Laniege's BEST SELLING PRODUCT and I don't know why I haven't written a post about this. I've been using this for 2 years now and I AM STILL ABSOLUTELY IN LOVE WITH IT. During the drier seasons, especially winter, my skin dries out and it flakes if I don't moisturize enough.

The Laniege Water Sleeping Pack takes care of that. I first started using this end of 2012 and I just started getting into Korean skin care products (the influence of Kdramas tsk tsk). This is the first product I bought actually and I never stopped using it since then. This is my Holy Grail and I don't think I can ever go without this anymore.


The packaging is in a dusty blue sturdy plastic tub, and it comes sealed. Laniege is kind enough to provide a spatula for you hygiene freaks out there. I just turn the closed tub upside down so the product sticks to the lid and I use the product on the lid. To be honest, I'm quite lazy to use to spatula since I'm using the product almost every day.


The Sleeping Pack is of a aqua blue/green gel-like consistency. Apparently the colour may differ depending the harvest of the ingredients such as the rose oil. The gel is really light and is really easy to spread it over your skin and it doesn't have that sticky feeling like most moisturizing products have.

The smell is wonderfully pleasant. Not overpowering, but a very nice relaxing type of scent you would want to smell at the end of the day. The aromatic essence is developed by Amore Pacific known as the Sleepscent. It apparently helps to relax your mind and body to promote good sleep. Sleepscent comprises of essential oils from Orange flower, Rose, Ylang Ylang, and Sandal Wood. Laniege encourages you to dab the some product on your face and just enjoy the smell before evenly spreading it out. Once you spread it out, the smell kinda disappears.


I apply a pretty generous amount of the sleeping pack covering my entire face as my last step to my skin care routine and I spray Avene Eau Thermale Spring Water to seal the moisture in. This is perfect because I don't need to worry about washing it off until the next morning when I start my day. What I love so much about the product is how cooling it is when you put it on your skin. It makes my skin feel so refreshed which will definitely help soothe any red or aggravated areas.

The next day, I wake up to a brighter, softer, moisturized face. Washing it off feels like you're washing a layer of goo off, nothing disgusting. It feels refreshing in fact. I proceed with my daily routine after that. I love how my skin feels every morning after I use the sleeping pack.

Laniege recommends to use it once or twice a week, but they encourage to use more the recommended amount when your skin is particularly dry. My skin is super dry during winter so I use it almost everyday then. When summer comes up, I use it once every two days depending on how my skin is. Sometimes when I get sunburnt, I use this at night just to cool the skin down on top of my aloe vera gel. Or when I feel like my skin is stinging from a product I used, I apply this to calm my skin. Or when I find that my skin is really red during the day because I did something stupid like exfoliating my skin a little too hard the night before, I use this to cool down. There's no precise usage of how many times you should use it, I say just use it when you need it or feel like it.

It never broke my skin out in the 2 years I've used it. It still remains my Holy Grail to this day and I really don't think I can ever leave this out of my skin care routine. I never had flaky skin till this day. I've recommended to a few of my friends and those who have sensitive skin also never complained about anything. Basically, everyone I know that uses it raved about the product.

One tub lasts me about 6 months since I use it very frequently, but it'll last you about 10 months if you use it as recommended. Repurchase? I'm currently on my 5th tub LOL. I always get mine from Qoo10 at $18.70.


Toodles!

No comments:

Post a Comment