Thursday, November 13, 2014

Review: Jaminkyung Crema Caracol Snail Cream

I've been using snail cream ever since I discovered it, and all this while I've been using Mizon All in one snail cream. But recently, my friend visited Korea and decided to buy me a bottle of snail cream cause it reminded him of me >. > He randomly picked one out of the hundreds of cosmetic brands.


I'm obviously going to compare this with the Mizon one, so bear with me.

Crema Caracol has about 90% snail mucus extract (Mizon is 92%). It contains other ingredients such as lanolin and caviar extract and EGF (epidermal growth factors). I'm not too sure if it has paraben in it, but seeing how it doesn't state it as a main ingredient, I guess not or maybe, I don't know. But I'm not too bothered about it. I always joke that my skin needs its paraben to look good. Lol. Oh, did I mention that it is Hypo-allergenic too! That means those of you who have sensitive skin will be happy to use this!

I can't show you guys the original packaging it came in, cause it was all squished when it was given to me and it was all in Korean anyway, so I had to gather my information through their website. The tub is plastic and pretty light. I've carried it around with me when I travelled and it seems to always leek out. Probably because it's so runny, it leaks through. My advice is to just pack it into another small bottle when you travel to avoid the risk of spilling it everywhere.


The cream is not really a cream, more like a runny, sticky substance. It's certainly more gooey than the Mizon one. I wasn't quite used to it at first. The smell was pleasant, but it was a little too pungent for me at first. I got used to it.

In the beginning, it was a little too sticky for my liking. But, the cream absorbed right into my skin the moment I pat it on. Remember, pat it onto your skin for the best results! The after feeling felt kind weird cause it felt like I didn't have enough on my face because it was such a thin layer.

I did break out when I started using it, but like my previous experience with Mizon, I was pretty sure it was bound to happen. My skin healed over time and break outs have been minimal. It gives the same effect, less break outs, faster healing of the break outs and acne scars. Well, comparing Crema Caracol with Mizon, I think Mizon wins on the after results. Mizon will always be my first love. I'm still using this one until I finish it though!

Would I repurchase it? Yes, if Mizon doesn't work out for me anymore or if Mizon discontinues their own line.

So since this was given to me, I'm not sure how much it is but Korea Depart it's $15 for 60ml. It's definitely cheaper compared to the Mizon (80ml). For my fellow Malaysians and Singaporeans, Qoo10 is selling it for $12.90. 


That's all for now, toodles! <3

No comments:

Post a Comment